LOCATION: SAN MATEO, CA
We are looking for a Field Scientist to serve as a primary technical field contact for our client. This position will be responsible for implementing tests, trainings, and providing data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support with the primary goal to ensure maximum utilization of our clients systems, to drive revenues, and sustain customer retention.
• Coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and training. Reviews and approves operational quality of equipment, and instructs in operations and maintenance of system under general instruction.
• Will do bench work with NGS library preparations and running NGS sequencers and manage the process
• Collect customer feedback critical for future product improvements and new product development
• Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
• Interprets lab needs and identifies a solution for a problem resolution
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with lab personnel
• Reports on technical trends by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
• Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive
• Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population
• All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
• 5 years practical hands-on experience in an NGS lab (Clinical lab preferred)
• Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication and training skills.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Experience working in a clinical environment
• Proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques
• Experience working in or supporting customers in clinical, diagnostic, and/or regulated environments preferred.
• Near native English proficiency, Chinese language ability a plus
• Must be willing to travel up to 70%- Domestic and International
• BA/BS/MS/Phd in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics.
Join this exciting team and be a part of developing something truly meaningful!
Our client works hard, and has fun doing it. More importantly, they have an enormous amount of respect for one another, and recognize that the key to start-up success is the joy and passion of its people. Every aspect of their culture fosters this belief.
We want people who don’t want to simply work but who are motivated, curious and committed to this goal of improving cancer patient’s survival rates.
If you are interested, send your cover letter and resume to Glenna@peopleconnectstafing.com