LOCATION: MOBILE, AL
Our client is one of the fastest growing players in the scrap metal business. To sustain this growth, they are looking to add an Outside Industrial Sales Executive in Mobile, AL. This is a great opportunity for someone who can sell service over price and is hungry to learn about the scrap metal business.
They need a closer with 3-7 years experience.
This position is responsible for introducing our clients’ quality service focused business methodology to new customers, gain market share through building strong long term relationships and maintain current relationships. These activities, including collecting information, represent a significant amount of time for this role. They don’t sell with a price list, but rather through the highest level of service and by upholding their code of ethics.
To be successful in this role, you must be a HUNTER/CLOSER, able to or have experience selling value added service rather than through pricing.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Job one – generate new business.
• Call on prospects and customers at least 75% of the work week.
• Ensures that current customers’ needs are met or exceeded.
• Establish a strong professional relationship with each account.
• Provide current customers with cost saving measures that benefit customer and the company.
Others duties include:
• Work with operating staff to enhance the benefits to the customer and the profit to company.
• Understand and follow all ISO procedures.
-Control of Customer Supplied Material/Property
-Determination of Customer Requirements
• Any other duties delegated by management.
Success is measured by:
▪ Volumes of ferrous and non-ferrous materials bought and sold
▪ Profitability (Gross Profit) of the volumes above
Experience, knowledge, and training:
• 3-7 years current outside sales experience.
• Selling value add service, desired
• Commercial sales experience a plus.
• Must be proficient in MS Office suite and email communication.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Prior experience using a CRM system highly desired.
• Prior ISO experience is desired.
• Knowledge of ISO requirements and service levels.
• BS degree is a plus.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license, able travel on a regular basis to cover territory.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities/women are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume to Karen@peopleconnectstaffing.com.