LOCATION: SAN FRANICSCO, CA
We are looking for a Project Lead with 3+ years of Java development experience and 2+ years of project lead experience to join us in our San Francisco office.
The Project Lead will work closely with senior management and the project team to assist with the technology aspect of the engagement, but also lead and support requirements clarification, acceptance criteria, status reporting and issue resolution.
Our client company is a privately held California Corporation, headquartered in San Francisco with a development center in Belgrade, Serbia. The company employs software architects, project managers and software developers that focus on building Provider Portals, Consumer Portals and Business Process Automation solutions that streamline and optimize business processes primarily in Payers and Health Plans industries. This position will be based in downtown San Francisco and primarily work with clients on the West Coast.
About the role:
• Ensures understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria to be assigned to the team
• Primary point of contact for all technical aspects of the deliverables from the project team
• Manages all technical and product communication with client with respect to project progress, issue status, resolution progress and potential risks. Works with client and the company team to provide resolution to questions and issues
About your experience:
• 3+ years’ experience in Java/JEE, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, JS/jQuery, and SQL
• 2+ years’ experience in managing delivery of software products or services to clients. Extensive experience with debugging, reuse, source code management strategies (e.g. forking, branching), and release management (SVN, GIT)
• Good understanding of design patterns, SOA and web services and experience in requirement gathering and solution design. Experience in deployment of enterprise applications. Familiarity with standard software development tools, including incident tracking, documentation, and testing systems
• The Project Lead is a person with 5+ years of experience in developing software. Someone who can lead as well as a programmer who writes code, uses software development tools and frameworks and is fully and completely capable of writing software. In their past experience, this individual worked on building software products as a part of a team building that software product or a solution, and then advanced to leading a team on that or some other project. The team may have been small, 3 to 5 developers, and that is fine. This individual has energy, drive and keen interest to accomplish agreed upon goals, and ability to drive the team to meet and exceed them.
• This Project Leader must be comfortable, astute, and inquisitive in their interactions with the client, be that a product manager, IT driver or leadership team across the table to push for clarity in requirements, goal setting and commitments from the client side. Not confrontational but professional and with a mission to identify project risks, discuss them and recommend approaches to mitigate and eliminate those risks so that project never encounters them.
Key Qualifications & Must Haves
• Software Engineer (CS, EE, ME) with 5+ years of hands on experience in software development
• Key contributor or coordinator in software development team for 3+ years working on analysis, design and request prioritization.
• At least 1 year of experience engaging with business owners and product managers working on requirements to estimate and manage timelines and risks
• Near native English proficiency
What our client offers:
• Exciting project work
• Excellent compensation, bonus and benefits package
• Our client has an awesome culture - very "startup" in feel, but with the stability of terrific large corporate clients
• Entrepreneurial opportunity and growth
If you are interested, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com