LOCATION: SAN MATEO, CA
Our client is a biotech company that provides physicians information to opti-mize treatment for cancer patients. As a part of our experienced scientific team the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow, interacting with world-class clinical researchers and making an impact in the quality of life of cancer patients.
The Research Associate will work closely with the R&D team to design, execute and analyze experiments to support OS-Seq development efforts. Under direct supervi-sion, this position is responsible for assisting with assigned routine laboratory and administrative tasks in the research laboratory.
• Works primarily in the laboratory to conduct experiments
• Performs routine laboratory procedures for DNA & RNA isolation from multi-ple types of tissues
• Conducts DNA purification, quantification and NGS library preparation
• Operates and maintains laboratory instruments
• Maintains detailed and accurate laboratory records
• Performs routine lab duties, maintains lab stocks and order supplies
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in life sciences with a minimum of 2 years of indus-try experience
• Extensive experience with DNA&RNA manipulation
• Familiarity with PCR based assays (qPCR, ddPCR)
• Extensive experience with NGS library preparation
• Hands on experience with next-generation sequencers
• Strong ability to learn new skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrates initiative in problem solving to improve laboratory procedures
• A record of self-motivation and ability to work as a part of small interdiscipli-nary teams
• Experience in a small organization or start up.
Join this exciting team and be a part of developing something truly meaningful!
Our client works hard, and has fun doing it. More importantly, they have an enormous amount of respect for one another, and recognize that the key to start-up success is the joy and passion of its people. Every aspect of their culture fosters this belief.
We want people who don’t want to simply work but who are motivated, curious and committed to this goal of improving cancer patient’s survival rates.
For consideration and additional information please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org