LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA or SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Our client, a late-stage Ultrasound medical device start-up, is developing the world’s first technology to instantly and accurately diagnose middle ear infections in children and adults, both presence and (more importantly) type of infection. Using Doppler ultrasound, a well-known and safe technology, and applying it in a completely novel way, our client will provide definitive, objective diagnostic data identifying both the presence and the type of effusion behind the eardrum, which will lead to greatly improved patient outcomes, better and faster treatment, reduced antibiotic usage and significantly reduced healthcare costs.
They are a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, businesspeople, and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of reinventing old technologies and creating highly-effective new ones, especially medical devices. They value team play and support of team members, while celebrating individual effort and success. At this late stage of the company, there is the chance to contribute in substantial ways and benefit from a technology that will make a real difference and improve patient outcomes while dramatically reducing the cost of care. In the words of the Division Chief at a major Children’s Hospital, “This is going to Revolutionize Pediatrics.” Come help them make that a reality, then expand their technology to other areas as well.
As VP Product, you will be responsible for overseeing complex, multi-disciplinary projects. Your team will plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, managing budgets, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your team’s projects often span locations, time zones and hemispheres, and ultimately, it's your job to ensure that projects are making progress and will meet deadlines. Your team is the heart and soul that keeps the project and company moving forward at a fast pace.
VP Product Responsibilities:
- Establish the vision and strategy for the product and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Own, expand, and drive the success of the product
- Oversee development of company Project Plan and manage Project Plan over time
- Understand and manage to milestones and objectives to complete development, achieve market launch, and beyond
- Manage company projects and objectives to timeline and budget
- Coordination and management of several third-party suppliers and their activities
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and secure resource teams need to successfully complete projects while maintaining close communication with all stakeholders, internally as well as externally
- Ensure delivery of project’s milestones that achieves key goals for the client.
- Provide leadership to achieve company success
VP Product Qualifications:
- 8+ years minimum relevant experience
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role focused on product
- Prior early stage startup experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, or related field
- Experience with Medical Devices preferred; Life Science experience required
- Experience working within Quality Systems, FDA Medical Device Regulation 21 CFR Part 820-related Quality Systems preferred
- Experience in managing third party vendors/suppliers preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an environment of organized chaos that is the world of start-ups
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Good team player and supporter of all team members, while keeping everyone on track
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Project Management Institute Certification or equivalent, desired
Some travel required.
Our client doesn’t just accept difference - they celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of the team.
Please send resume, including LinkedIn profile, and any supporting documentation (examples of past work, highlights of successes, letters of support, or anything else you believe will help me identify you as a prime candidate) to firstname.lastname@example.org