LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
Are you a rock star technologist looking to join a SaaS start-up changing the supply chain/procurement landscape? Do you want to get involved in a company where you can work with a team of hardcore engineers globally? If so, keep reading on…
Our client is an up and coming procurement technology company whose AI-powered platform provides recommendations on when to act and how to optimize your negotiations. It also helps optimize decision making abilities when faced with complex sourcing issues and large data sets. This position will be located in San Jose, CA and is an immediate need.
About the role:
Our client is looking for a Senior Midtier Engineer for their San Jose location, to play a pivotal role in
helping implement new solutions in Java and other languages (Scala) in support of their data
ingestion pipeline and big data applications that surface insights and make the intelligence
As a core member of the engineering team, you will work closely with the manager, other engineers, product managers and the business to ensure the team delivers high quality applications that not only meet functional requirements, but do so with a minimal amount of technical debt and such that non-functional requirements (scalability, availability SLAs etc.) are met as well.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team of talented individuals focused on developing unique, cutting edge solutions, using agile methodologies and the latest data technologies and Machine Learning/AI techniques, that transform supply-chain and procurement practices of today. Some of the technologies and tools used are AWS, Streamsets, Postgres/MySQL/AWS Redshift, ElasticSearch, Java-8, Angular-6, CSS-3, HTML-5, Docker, Tensorflow, ApacheNLP, BI tools such as SiSense, Git and Atlassian suite of products.
As the Sr MidTier Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Executing designs and high-quality implementations in Java and/or Python.
- Focusing on solutions that deliver nonfunctional requirements around performance, scalability, security, high availability, monitorability, debuggability and other such concerns.
- Writing user level stories and subtasks with your manager and the product management team.
- Be responsible for Security and related implications.
- Evaluating new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements.
- Advocating best practices and standards
- Debugging production problems around Garbage Collection issues and/or code issues via use of a profiler such as VisualVM or YourKit, via analyzing thread dumps.
As a Sr MidTier Engineer, your background should include:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years experience as a Server-side engineer.
- Very Strong real-world experience with
o Cloud Based Infrastructure: AWS (and the very many services it offers).
o EC2, S3/Glacier, EBS, EFS, Route53, RDS, SNS/SES/SQS, ElasticSearch, AI services etc. to name a few.
o Programming Languages: Very strong in Java (Idioms, Patterns, Collections, Concurrency, Memory-Model, Executor Framework, NIO) and UpToDate i.e. well versed with Java-8 capabilities around “functional” capabilities and several others. Familiarity with Scala and/or Python is desirable.
o Frameworks: Strong familiarity with Spring Framework, Workflow and Job Management frameworks (e.g. Oozie, Azkaban etc,), Log4J
o Application Servers: Nginx/Apache and Tomcat expertise is needed.
o DataStores and Data Access: Familiarity with JDBC, DAO, ORMs such as Hibernate and SQL. Familiarity with NoSQL stores is highly desirable.
o CI/CD Practices: Strong expertise with Git, Jenkins (or other CI tools), Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
o Architecture: Strong in terms of server-side architecture, SOA, Microservices, Swagger etc. Must have Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge along with Algorithms, Data Structures, Design Patterns and Performance Optimization techniques.
o AI: Knowledge of Apache NLP/Stanford NLP and/or other NLP/ML techniques and some familiarity with AWS services (Rekognition, Comprehend, Lex, Polly etc.) is useful.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Process oriented and familiar with Git, Agile, Scrum, Standups and the Atlassian suite of products.
- Ability to deliver specific and actionable code reviews.
- Ability to debug problems in production quickly.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentoring capabilities to mentor junior engineers and ensure their professional growth.
- Motivated and responsible individual who strives to exceed expectations
Additional information/perks for this position include:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance and Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan (coming soon)
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location(s) in San Jose downtown (by the San Jose Tech Museum) and Cyberabad, India
- International Travel
If you think you’re a match, drop us a line, we’d love to chat further.
KEYWORDS: NoSql, RDBMS, ETL, Cloud, Data, AWS, Apache, Hadoop, EC2, S3/Glacier, EBS, EFS, Route53, RDS, SNS/SES/SQS