LOCATION: MANHATTAN, NY
Referential Data is a division of our client’s Core Engineering department that provides enterprise market security definitions for internal trading teams and trading engines. The Referential Data Product Manager is responsible for maintaining a cohesive picture of customer engagement, product requirements, ongoing projects, product cost, and appropriate measures of product quality. The Product Manager manages the entire lifecycle of products from initial concept through delivery and ultimately replacement with successor products. The Product Manager is also responsible for maintaining a business view of products and ensures that all appropriate artifacts are available to make informed decisions that integrate customer needs, competitor intelligence, technical considerations and financial factors.
The Product Manager maintains this “big picture” view in high quality, clear and concise form, and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Equally important, the Product Manager maintains detailed specifications for current Product capabilities and requested enhancements that are thoroughly analyzed and “developer ready” for implementation.
Your daily responsibilities as Product Manager will include:
• Developing and fostering relationships with stakeholders (Trading Teams, Business Management, Compliance, and Risk) outside of the Core Engineering and Systems team
• Defining the vision, design, architecture, and goals of the product
• Defining milestones into a roadmap and creating a well thought iterative plan of execution
• Creating problem statements, developing metrics for success, and ensuring alignment among all stakeholders
• Working with engineering team(s) to tease out implementation details, identify dependencies, and creatively manage through roadblocks
• Regularly communicating the impact of feature or schedule changes to impacted teams
• Collaborating with clients and stakeholders on KPI measurements of product success
• Working with QA and Support teams on quality and operational readiness
Your background/experience as Product Manager includes:
• At least five years of experience managing multiple technical projects concurrently
• At least two years of experience in the brokerage or securities industry (preferred)
• A general knowledge of algorithmic trading, which may include high-frequency trading, stat arb, market microstructure, order types, collocation, and regulatory concerns (preferred)
• Experience with risk systems (preferred)
• A strong understanding of, or previous experience working with, exchange or event-driven data
• Experience with connectivity to exchanges and third-party data vendors including Bloomberg, Markit, Reuters, and/or IDC in the context of Agile
• A strong understanding of databases and programming languages including Java and/or Python (preferred)
• A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, business/finance, or a related field
• Strong problem-solving skills with a penchant for execution
• Ability to deliver within high pressure environments
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level with an awesome, growing company then please send your resume’ to email@example.com.