LOCATION: PALO ALTO, CA
Our client is a Palo Alto Start-Up with a SaaS, AI on-line platform targeted at enterprise, Fortune 1000 brands through custom advisory and learning online interaction with leading global experts.
You are a high energy person that loves challenges, pushing the technology envelope and want to learn from some of the best in the field.
What you will be responsible for as Data Scientist:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
What you bring to the company as Data Scientist:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 4+ years’ practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data Transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python an asset.
- Data-oriented personality.
Our client offers a competitive startup compensation package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time our client is not able to sponsor, nor do they use corp to corp. Local candidate only please.
Java, Python, SAS, ETL, data processing, database, programming, analytics, algorithms, AI, machine learning, k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, data mining, predictive modeling, team player, degree, Bachelor’s, Master’s, on job training, data scientist.