LOCATION: SAN MATEO, CA
Our client is a genomics company that provides physicians with the information needed to optimize cancer treatment. We are seeking a motivated and collaborative Research Associate for our NGS reagents and assays team. As a member in a small and dynamic team you will be encouraged to contribute your ideas to influence the product development process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS RESEARCH ASSISTANT:
- You will be part of a team focused on translating superior NGS sequencing technology into products that enable precision medicine.
- Support the optimization and trouble-shooting of molecular diagnostic assays
- Handle quality control documentation under supervision
- Participate in maintaining our laboratory equipment and supply stocks.
YOU ARE A RESEARCH ASSISTANT WHO:
- Is a team player and good communicator
- Enjoys working with others to achieve the group’s objectives
- Has a record of self-motivation and the ability to work as a part of small interdisciplinary teams
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- B.S in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 1+ years of laboratory experience (Industry preferred, assay development a plus. Preference given to candidates with experience in the discovery and development of NGS-related tools in oncology)
- Experience in library preparation methods for NGS
- Familiarity with PCR based assays (qPCR, ddPCR)
- Experience in DNA and RNA sample preparation
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous record keeping
- Proficiency with data processing using Excel
- A record of self-motivation and ability to work as a part of small interdisciplinary teams
WHAT YOU GET:
- To be a part of an experienced scientific team
- The opportunity to interact with world-class clinical researchers
- To make end impact in the quality of life of cancer patients
Join this exciting team and be a part of developing something truly meaningful!
Our client works hard, and has fun doing it. More importantly, they have an enormous amount of respect for one another, and recognize that the key to start-up success is the joy and passion of its people. Every aspect of their culture fosters this belief.
We want people who don’t simply want to work, but who are motivated, curious and committed to the goal of improving cancer patient’s survival rates.
For consideration please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org