OSometimes you DO need to reinvent the wheel!
Our client is a developer of Electric and Hybrid Vehicle propulsion systems with a focus on R&D and sales of licensable technologies for defense, commercial, competition and passenger land, marine, air and space vehicles. They are particularly focused on accelerating the development of a proprietary kinetic energy recovery system for land vehicles. With proven improvements in the areas of efficiency, vehicle stability optimized acceleration, braking and cornering dynamics, our client is poised to introduce a new industry standard.
They are looking for a mechanical design engineer with solid experience in Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) Please only reply if you have solid KERS experience.
This position is responsible for designing and drafting drivetrain components and system level assemblies for electric powertrain system in HEV/EV applications which will include flywheel mechanical energy storage system methods.
Duties and Responsibilities of Mechanical Design Engineer
• Design, draft, and optimize drivetrain components and system for electric powertrain prototypes and mass production for HEV/EV applications
• Create 3D CAD layout quickly and efficiently for individual parts and assemblies
• Produce complete 2D drawings for production and support product specification development
• Work with the prototyping and manufacturing team to create revisions and solve implementation problems
• Perform tolerance stackup analysis to ensure drivetrain system quality and functionality
Required Education and Experience as Mechanical Design Engineer
• BS or MS in mechanical engineering, material science, aerospace engineering, or related field
• Proficiency in Catia and knowledge with other major CAD tools such as SolidWorks, Siemens NX (UG), Pro/E, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Pro, or other commercial programs
• Solid understanding of solid mechanics, material properties, GD&T, and tolerance analysis
• Experience of mechanical component and assembly design, and manufacturing processes
• Experience in mechanical energy storage methods, air and magnetic bearings a plus
• Knowledge of electric powertrain system in HEV/EV
• Responsible, accountable and motivated individual with desire to help wherever needed
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Perks of the job:
• This is a work from home opportunity
• Base PLUS bonus AND equity
• Medical AND dental benefits
• Exciting opportunity to work with a revolutionary product
• Great life/work balance
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com