LOCATION: FOSTER CITY, CA
Our client is an incredibly exciting Internet-of-things (IoT) venture on its way to becoming the leader in the connected vehicle world. They are backed by tier 1 investors and is a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment headquartered in Foster City, CA.
As VP, Software Engineer, you will bring experience designing and building scalable platforms in the IoT space. As the Lead Architect for their software platform, you will be responsible for the overall design of our IoT platform, taking the product through the full software development lifecycle from specification and design, to coding, testing, and integration.
Are you a VP of Software Engineering with a strong Software and Platform background determined to take your career to the next level? In this role, you will work with executive management, product, and engineering teams, taking the product through the full software development lifecycle from specification and design, to coding, testing, and integration.
Though you will not be coding you will need to have a working knowledge of technologies being used including:
- Secure communication protocols such as SSL/TLS, PKCS, KMIP, with strong emphasis on security and monitoring
- Java, SQL, and one or more Unix scripting languages
- Python, Ruby, Unix shell scripting
- REST API design
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Jetty, Guise,
- Manage software architecture, design, development, procurement, and integration, as well as helping the Operations Team manage the software once it has been placed into production.
- Compile, maintain, schedule, resource, execute prioritized development projects including planning and management of third party development and captive work sites to meet company product objectives.
- Collaborate with other functional managers (customer facing business units, product management and solutions, marketing and other operations) to ensure architectural integrity, effective integration and test, and ongoing system stability.
- Develop and maintain technical architecture, Engineering principles and best practices.
To be considered you will have:
- 15+ years of experience overall software development experience in roles of increasing management responsibility; 3+ years of senior-level or leadership experience leading a multi-disciplined organization in a global environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building high-performance scalable cloud platforms; strong grasp of the different cloud design patterns.
- Strong focus on security and designing secure applications in the cloud. Good grasp of cryptography principles and PKI and their practical application to solve real-world problems.
- Strong IOT, Mobile, Analytics and LTE technology expertise, strongly preferred; Legacy database & codebase management experience.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment; must have demonstrated the ability to develop innovative approach to operational management;
- Experience leading and managing teams while establishing high standards of excellence and accountability; candidate will have professional maturity with the confidence and humility to inspire and infuse teams with purpose and enthusiasm.
They are not currently sponsoring visa or visa transfers at this time. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. This is a direct hire, not a contract position.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their LinkedIn profile and resume to Karen@Peopleconnectstaffing.com.