LOCATION: PALO ALTO, CA
Our client is a funded Palo Alto Start-Up with a SaaS, AI on-line platform targeted at enterprise, Fortune1000 brands through custom advisory and learning online interaction with leading global experts.
In addition, industry thought leader executives and business professionals are targeted with an online subscription model via a community model. The company’s business model and AI platform are a highly disruptive approach to innovation, research and learning on a global basis.
This position will report to the VP Marketing.
As part of the marketing team you will be responsible for creating communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things. Communications role, incorporating online tools, online, and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off. The target is B2B and B2C (professionals).
While every day as a Community Marketing Director is different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels. Focused on B2B and B2C (professionals).
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community.
- Public relations –managing incoming media requests and building. relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer relations –responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums.
- Analytics – Using analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
Experience and personality traits needed for the Community Marketing Director:
- 3+ years as a Community Manager or similar role within an online learning/education organization focused on B2B and B2C (professional).
- PR experience a plus.
- Responsible for content creation targeting professionals and corporations.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, spoken, and digital.
- Expert in all forms of online/internet/smartphone social tools, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Digital savvy.
- Must have large online/internet community.
- Strong work ethic, team player, innovative, and able to hear/listen to what others have to offer.
- Professional manner in person, online and on the phone.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their LinkedIn profile and resume to email@example.com
Client is not able to handle Visa, HBI or sponsorship at this time.