Location: Foster City, CA – no C2C
Full time, direct hire offering a good salary, equity and full benefits.
Our client has created a very cool IoT (cloud-connected) product that is a game changer in its field, first of its kind. They are a well-funded startup that is looking for an energetic, creative, and self-motivated Director, Software Development.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for the software and services for end to end cloud systems. You must have outstanding communication, organizational and technical skills. In this position, you will be coding at least 50% or more of the time, it is a startup!
What the Director, Software Development will be doing:
- Develop application micro services.
- Design service interfaces with User (Web, iOS and Android) and Machine (Product, Partners)
- Debug applications to determine root cause and recommend optimal fix
- Code and design reviews.
- Write Unit test cases for optimal code coverage and automation.
- Participate and Plan (including estimation) for upcoming sprints.
- Work with Product and Firmware engineering teams to find the optimal solution to meet requirements.
Director, Software Development requirements:
- Experience building and cultivating good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
- Proven experience as a manager with a good proven track record in a fast pace startup environment.
- Four to Seven year experience in writing software applications including architecting complex solutions.
- Experience developing software across mobile, browser, API and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working cross functionally.
- Ability to translate business requirements to design docs and software implementation plans.
- Successful track record of developing IOT device and cloud-connected system.
- Thorough understanding and experience in testing techniques and methods.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions.
- Work experience in most of the following: Java, Spark, SQL, Hive, Swagger, Web APIs, AWS.
- Experience building data warehouse for analytics.
- Experience developing and managing Mobile App – iOS and Android.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar engineering discipline.
- Local candidates are preferred.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send resumes and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com