LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
Our client is an up and coming Buyer Intelligence Platform that generates actionable stories capturing why and how customers buy. They extract tribal knowledge from unstructured data automatically, minimizing sales rep dependency. Their mission is to align Enterprise Go-to-Market teams to the Buyer's Journey by democratizing the collective ‘tribal knowledge’ of teams. In today’s fast paced and competitive world, while transactional systems keep the score, fresh tribal knowledge on 'why' and 'how' your customers buy (and stay) is your competitive advantage.
Our client specializes in applying NLP techniques over unstructured data like emails, documents, and voice calls to extract customer intelligence signals. Think of them as the next Salesforce for unstructured data! People crunch numbers. Our client crunches content.
They are currently seeking a strong Lead NLP Data Scientist to join their growing team in San Francisco, CA.
You are an awesome NLP data scientist who thinks Syntax analysis & Content Classifications are incredible, you love building custom Entity Recognition models, you perform N-grams & word distance calculations while on the elliptical -- for you, our client is the sultry Enterprise startup you’ve always wanted. If you join them in this role, your responsibilities would include stuff you love best -- latest and coolest open source technologies to solve intense problems in small teams of equally awesome engineers/scientists and build unprecedented IP. As the lead NLP Data Scientist you will assemble a team of stellar NLP pros and will be often called upon to present to investors and customers. This is a full-time role with attractive equity.
As the Lead NLP Data Scientist, your background should include:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or software programming related field of study
- Masters in ML/Data Science, specialization in NLP preferred
- 3+ years experience in NLP techniques including knowledge extraction, knowledge graphs, and recommender systems
- Experience with tokenizers, normalizers, stemming, lemmas, entity extractions, POS tagging, synonyms and quasi-synonyms and general classifier models – mid to advanced NLP techniques over documents, emails, calls
- Experience with semantic search highly desirable
- Experience building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models using structured data is desirable
- Proficiency in a Python dev environment & object-oriented design patterns
- Experience with SQL, relational databases and unstructured data processing
- Knowledge of any of these packages will be highly preferred: o Stanford NL API package o Google Cloud Natural Language API o Spark NL models
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (Eclipse, NetBeans, Maven, PyTorch, Caffe2..)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a creative mind and a keen ability and initiative to think “beyond”
- You love a startup mindset and want to “own” your domain within a flat, friendly and flexible org culture
If you’re interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please send your resume in today to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: NLP, data science, data scientist, API, Maven, Eclipse, Spark, neuro-linguistic, natural language processing