LOCATION: San Mateo, CA or Minneapolis, MN/LA, CA or Orange County, CA
Do you have the drive and ambition to become an important part of a company which is disrupting the Home Security market and has no other ambition than to be a global leader in its segment? This is an exciting opportunity to join an aspirational company and work on ambitious and challenging projects in a smart, hard-working team. They currently have over 1300+ paying customers.
You will be responsible for creating the whole product marketing program to drive B2C awareness of why this service is different. This is not a Marketing/Communications only type role, but needs a talented professional with a track record of successfully introducing new technology to consumers. We will want to see your portfolio of work.
Our client has a forward looking and growth-inspired culture and the successful candidate must be self-driven, able to work well with others and deliver excellent results using their own initiative. Resourcefulness and a sound understanding of software and/or hardware product development are further requirements.
The VP Marketing will report to the COO and be a critical member of the team to bring success to this company. Prior early stage startup experience is a plus. This is a global startup launching its product in the USA this month.
Key Areas, Tasks, and Responsibilities of the Head of Marketing/VP Marketing:
- ROI-driven, structured approach to communication and marketing activities of the company
- Preparing & managing customer acquisition activities
- Building positive image of the company with various stakeholders
- Close Cooperation with other team members
- Participation on brand development activities
- Organization of & company presentation at industry trade shows and other events
- Substantial participation and coordination of the content creation (copy website, company blog, PR, etc.)
- International travel might be required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for Head of Marketing/VP Marketing
- At least 5+ years’ experience in similar role in international, demanding environment; technology company experienced desired
- At least 4 + years in customer acquisition related role in B2C
- Proven track of record, achieving objective set by the company
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design, skills are essential
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Confidence with a small ego; plays well in the sandbox with others
You must be able to work 3 months for equity only until funding is closed.
Qualified candidates send your resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Marketing, Social Media, Branding, ROI, Startup, Communication, Promotions, B2C, digital media, traditional marketing