LOCATON: SAN FRANCISCO CA
Be a part of a GREAT team!
Our client is a San Francisco-based investment advisor focused exclusively on investments with both a financial return and a positive impact on communities, sustainable agriculture, alternative energy and the environment
Their investment mandate and resources place them among a handful of institutional-scale, mission-focused investors that target risk-adjusted financial returns while striving to accomplish environmental and social good. They have a long-term horizon, invest globally, and select investments across all asset classes.
The current portfolio directly holds commercial and multifamily residential assets, as well as a number of fund positions and debt investments; the portfolio is expected to grow substantially in size, diversity of asset types, and geography over the near term.
Qualifications: The role best suited for a self-starter who has a deep background in real estate asset management. Someone who is tactical in nature and who has the motivation and experience in achieving impactful solutions to environmental and social issues.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in business/finance or a real estate-related major
- 5+ years relevant real estate asset management experience across multiple asset classes or property types
- Previous experience working with real estate asset management, accounting and reporting systems (e.g., RealPage, Yardi, MRI, VTS, etc.)
- Previous experience managing high performance sustainable buildings (LEED Platinum, Living Building, Wellness Buildings) as well as other types of socially oriented real estate assets (affordable housing, workforce housing, senior housing)
- Mastery of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms, real estate capital markets and finance/accounting, and ability to interpret cash flows, financial and operational reports, and market and demographic information and implications on asset value and performance
- Solid writing, financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated multi-tasking ability, and strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and project management experience
- Highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and a “team player” mentality
The VP of Portfolio, Real Estate Asset Management will:
- Develop and execute the asset and portfolio management strategies to optimize the performance and value creation of the real estate portfolio.
- Develop close collaborative relationships with various internal and external stakeholders,
- Establish and maintain the necessary systems, metrics and standards that represent a state-of-the-art approach to managing an institutional quality portfolio of diverse impact oriented real estate assets.
- Develop performance, risk assessment, and impact measurement systems at the property and portfolio levels. Research and provide recommendations for best-in-class practices for these systems.
- Work with the Principal, VP of AM, and legal counsel on the sourcing, structuring, negotiation and placement of permanent financing, refinancing, and other debt.
- Oversee compliance with all real estate loan covenants and requirements.
- Generate monthly and/or quarterly real estate portfolio quantitative and qualitative reporting and ensure timely and accurate tracking of performance for both operating and development projects.
- Conduct occasional site visits and market research.
- Contribute thoughtfully and fully to the ongoing interpretation and evolution of an impact real estate practice. Includes identifying themes, metrics and theories of change as they apply to real estate and social/environmental benefit.
- Provide input and recommendations on new acquisition or development projects.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with critical deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have the strong ability to work independently as well as within a team-oriented collaborative environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.