LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Be a part of a GREAT team!
Our client is a San Francisco-based investment advisor focused exclusively on investments with both a financial return and a positive impact on communities, sustainable agriculture, alternative energy and the environment
Their investment mandate and resources place them among a handful of institutional-scale, mission-focused investors that target risk-adjusted financial returns while striving to accomplish environmental and social good. They have a long-term horizon, invest globally, and select investments across all asset classes.
The role best suited for a self-starter who has both a deep background in real estate asset management along with a track record of building processes and teams in a high growth environment. Someone who is analytical and strategic by nature and who has the motivation and experience in achieving impactful solutions to environmental and social issues
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in business/finance or a real estate-related major.
- 7+ years relevant real estate asset management experience across multiple asset classes or property types.
- Previous experience working with real estate asset management, accounting and reporting systems (e.g., RealPage, Yardi, MRI, VTS, etc.).
- Previous experience managing high performance sustainable buildings (LEED Platinum, Living Building, Wellness Buildings) as well as other types of socially oriented real estate assets (affordable housing, workforce housing, senior housing).
- Mastery of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms, real estatecapital markets and finance/accounting, and ability to interpret cash flows, financial and operational reports, and market and demographic information and implications on asset value and performance.
- Experience working with waterfalls and complex investment structures including joint ventures and commingled fund investments.
- Solid writing, financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated multi-tasking ability, and strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and project management experience.
- Highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and a “team player” mentality.
About the Team and what they do:
The Real Estate team is charged with creating a diversified, impact-driven real estate portfolio with a broad domestic and international footprint across all property types. Real estate investments the company considers but are not limited to: highly sustainable buildings in transit-oriented urban locations, net-zero-energy buildings, affordable and workforce housing, inclusive development in underserved communities, and the use of emergent sustainable building technology / materials. The current portfolio directly holds commercial and multifamily residential assets, as well as a number of fund positions and debt investments; the portfolio is expected to grow substantially in size, diversity of asset types, and geography over the near term.
The Vice President, Real Estate Asset Management will:
- Develop and execute the asset and portfolio management strategies to optimize the performance and value creation of the real estate portfolio.
- Comprehensive oversight and investment management of the global real estate portfolio. Includes leading or working on teams to review and assess performance of real estate assets relative to original underwriting, asset strategy, business plans and current budgets, as well as competitors and market conditions, and completing hold/sell analyses.
- Work alongside the Principal of Real Estate in the development of performance, risk assessment, and impact measurement systems at the property and portfolio levels. Research and provide recommendations for best-in-class practices for these systems.
- Oversee compliance with joint venture operating agreements and management agreements.
- Development of close collaborative relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, including accounting, JV partners, fund managers, capital markets, legal, project lenders and the senior management team.
- Establish and maintain the necessary systems, metrics and standards that represent a state-of-the-art approach to managing an institutional quality portfolio of diverse impact oriented real estate assets.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity. Local candidates only, please.