LOCATION: FOSTER CITY, CA - no relocation available
Looking for a startup that is very well funded, is so innovative that they are the only player in the field and has customers?
Our client is looking for a talented Sr. IoT Firmware Development Engineer with extensive ARM controller embedded systems experience to help build their next generation product
The client is a well-funded startup with a team of highly motivated and seasoned veterans looking to revolutionize the 125-year-old metal plate system and bringing it into the 21st century. They are transforming it into an innovative, multi-functional digital display and offering a major aesthetic and design upgrade for the only part of the vehicle that has remained unchanged since the automobile debuted.
This smart device is an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that offers unlimited opportunities for applications, including DMV registration automation, hyper-local messaging, telematics and vehicle management.
Sr. IoT Firmware Development Engineer’s responsibilities and duties:
- Develop drivers and firmware for components on the hardware design.
- Understand system architecture and customize the code for the product.
- Work with external vendors on hardware/firmware integration.
- Work with internal software engineers to create end to end ecosystem solution.
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Work well in a team environment.
Sr. IoT Firmware Development Engineer’s qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years of working experience on embedded processors.
- 3+ year of ARM microcontroller experience (Freescale, Atmel, ST…etc.).
- 5+ year hands-on coding of RTOS experience (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.).
- Must have a good understanding of multi-threaded embedded system concepts including tasks, priorities, deadlocks…etc.
- Must have written driver/app code for basic embedded interface using technologies: DMA/UART/SPI/I2C/GPIO/ADC…etc.
- Must have experience with wide variety of embedded peripherals: Accelerometer, Gyro, SPI flash, eMMC, temperature sensors, PWM, RTC…etc.
- Experience with interface to Bluetooth, Wifi, LTE, GPS a plus.
- Experience with makefiles and build systems.
- Experience with GIT.
Our client is offering full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options, PTO, and a great work environment. In addition, they offer a very competitive salary.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their LinkedIn profile and resume to email@example.com
Our client is not able to hire, at this time, c2c or those needing sponsorship. No relocation is offered, local only candidates will be considered.