LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Our client is an early stage cancer diagnostic company that is tightly focused on a major medical challenge. Treating cancer remains a matter of trial and error. Our client’s proprietary solution predicts individual responses to various anti-cancer therapies, e.g. chemotherapies or targeted therapies.
Major Duties of the IP Patent Agent
- Coordination of all IP related matters (both trade secrets and patent applications).
- Driving force for developing a comprehensive IP strategy and drafting and handling of highest quality patents.
- Negotiate licensing contracts and search out complementary technologies to expand tour client’s portfolio.
- To be creative and inventive in all aspects of role.
Qualifications for the IP Patent Agent
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Patent Agent with Biomedical Engineering
- Biotechnology or molecular biology background
- Collaborative team player
- Highly creative and visionary
- Licensing experience
Competencies of the IP Patent AGent
- Must be able to absorb complex cell biology, chemistry, and bio-engineering concepts
- Must be creative in not only recognizing new ideas and concepts but also being able to sort through them to decide which are the most relevant for investment
- Must be a clear and concise communicator
- Must be able to conduct patent searches and become an expert in the IP landscape that is most relevant to our Client
- Must have strong software skills in Office products, Auto-Cad and other technical products
This position reports directly to the CEO and will work collaboratively, with all other team members. You may also have to work with additional external legal counsels.
For additional information and to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com