LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
Our client, an emerging leader in the video analytics space, has a mission to transform any real-world video into actionable and tailored intelligence so customers can build the safest and most productive organizations in the world. As cameras increasingly take center stage in how organizations plan to protect what’s important and make their physical spaces productive, the volumes of data these cameras produce is overwhelming. The company’s machine learning-powered software helps customers “know what the cameras know”. The company’s solution works on any type of camera feed (CCTV, drone, dash cam, body cam, etc), can be deployed in the cloud or on-premises, and works for real-time or post-event analysis.
The company is hiring for a Director of Product Management. This position requires an in-depth understanding of market requirements from buyers and users of modern video analytics technology.
The position involves close interaction with corporate strategy, key customers, engineering/development, sales, vendors, and operations.
A background in video, analytics, or enterprise software business models is strongly desired.
This is an opportunity to work directly with the CEO in driving product strategy and delivery at an exciting early stage company. The company has a robust team of PhD’s doing real machine learning work, is going after a multi-billion market opportunity, and presents a chance to do meaningful work that impacts the safety of people and the productivity of entire organizations.
What you will do as a Director of Product Management:
- Gather market feedback in order to deliver vision and requirement documents with prioritized features, business case, and corresponding justification.
- Develop and own product roadmaps aligned with corporate strategy, technical capabilities, and customer requests.
- Develop tight product requirements that can be used with engineering and operations teams in the creation of new product capabilities.
- Work with product marketing, sales, and vendors to identify areas for growth and create market positioning that drives adoption of products and differentiating features.
- Support sales in the development of positioning, presentations, and customer visits.
- Prepare and present board-level materials.
What you need to have to be successful as Director of Product Management:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or other relevant field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience in enterprise software or video systems. Relevant experience in video analytics or video security preferred.
- Experience working in highly technical environments.
- Working knowledge of modern machine learning capabilities and their application in the real world.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent cross-functional skills across customers, sales, marketing,
- operations, and engineering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Must be an organized, self-starter comfortable engaging business and
- technology decision makers, partner organizations, and with potential
- Possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication
- skills in order to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across
- multiple stakeholders.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Flexible healthcare plan
- Generous PTO
- Meaningful equity
- Walking/biking distance from CalTrain (San Jose, Diridon)
Their culture is meritocratic and values hard work, ambition, curiosity, and risk-taking. They are working on a game changing and innovative product. They are also building an experienced and close-knit team and believe in creating an environment where everyone can learn from and support each other.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
machine learning, video analytics, product, video, analytics, enterprise software