LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Our Client is looking for an IT/Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Responsibilities of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, onsite and Cloud-based
- Maintain network, VPN, and PBX infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and peers for problem resolution
Requirements of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux and Windows environments on VMs and hardware
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
It would be great if you are an IT/Systems Engineer has:
- Domain experience in CAD, PLM, CAM, and/or 3D Printing.
- Experience with FreePBX, Synology, Git, Jenkins.
- Maintained a largely open-source development and support environment.
- Programming experience in JAVA and/or C++.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org