LOCATION: LIVERMORE, CA
Our client develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of the first solid state LiDAR scanner, our client has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent perception technology.
They are looking for an Optical Engineer/Lens Design Specialist.
Are you an Optical Engineer/Lens Design Specialist who can:
- Design of multi-element lenses, imaging and afocal.
- Athermal lens design.
- Achromatic lens design from visible through near-infrared.
- Non-imaging optical concentrator design.
- Model propagation of coherent light from single mode fibers.
- Lens optimization, cost effective tolerancing, and DFM.
- Specification of optics and optical systems using ISO 10110.
- Hands-on laboratory analysis of optical systems.
What we need you to have as an Optical Engineer/Lens Design Specialist:
- MS in Optical Engineering or related field. OR BA with extensive experience.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience or equivalent skill level in laser systems.
- Experience with schematic entry, BOM generation, and PCBA build & debug (Mentor Pads most useful).
- Proficiency with at least one of the following optical design packages:
- Zemax, Code V, FRED, or ASAP.
- Excellent communication, presentation & collaboration skills.
- Willingness to do some travel (<10%). data-preserve-html-node="true"
It would be useful if you had:
- 8 years optical engineering experience.
- Experience with molded optics (glass & plastic).
- Experience with stray light analysis.
- Experience with laser beam characterization tools.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
The good stuff:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance
The company is based in the Livermore, CA area and is backed by world-renowned in-vestors.
If you are a lens design specialist, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org