LOCATION: FOSTER CITY, CA
Our client is looking for a talented Director of Embedded Firmware Development with extensive embedded systems software experience to help build their next generation products. The client is a well-funded startup with a team or highly motivated and seasoned veterans looking to revolutionize the 125-year-old metal plate system and bringing it into the 21st century by transforming it into an innovative, multi-functional cloud connected digital display and offering a major aesthetic and design upgrade for the only part of the vehicle that has remained unchanged since the automobile debuted. This smart device is an integral component is an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that offers unlimited opportunities for applications, including DMV registration automation, hyper-local messaging, telematics and vehicle management.
Responsibilities and Duties for Director, Embedded IoT Firmware Development
- Architect and lead firmware development for the digital license plate and integrate into their platform
- Work cross-functionally to bring a product from concept to production
- Hands-on coding when needed
- Lead bug scrub and troubleshooting
- Develop drivers and firmware for hardware components
- Work with the development team and factory on hardware-firmware integration
- Work with internal software engineers to create end to end ecosystem solution
- Manage in-house firmware development team and local and offshore contractors
Qualifications and Skills for Director, Embedded IoT Firmware Development
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Experienced manager with startup background
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a team environment Minimum 8+ years of team leadership experience in firmware/software development
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and delivering firmware for consumer-level electronics
- Minimum 7 years of working experience on embedded processors
- Minimum 5 years of ARM microcontroller experience (Freescale, Atmel, ST…etc.)
- Minimum 5 years hands-on coding of RTOS (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.)
- Must have a good understanding of multi-threaded embedded system concepts including tasks, priorities, deadlocks…etc.
- Middleware development experience on embedded systems including: o Bluetooth software stacks. o 4G LTE modem AT command protocol o Network security protocols such as SSL/TLS o Must have written driver/app code for basic embedded interface technologies: DMA/UART/SPI/I2C/GPIO/ADC…etc. o Must have experience with wide variety of embedded peripherals: Accelerometer, Gyro, SPI flash, eMMC, temperature sensors, PWM, RTC…etc. o Experience with interfacing Bluetooth, Wifi, LTE, GPS a plus. o Experience with makefiles and build systems. o Experience with GIT.
Our client is offering full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options, PTO, and a great work environment. In addition, they offer a very competitive salary.
Qualified candidates interested in learning more about the Director, Embedded IoT Firmware Development are welcome to send their resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is not able to hire, at this time, C2C or those needing sponsorship. No relocation is offered, local only candidates will be considered.