LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, SAN DIEGO, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK,
Our client is a biomedical and life sciences big data analytics startup based in Las Vegas, that is rapidly becoming a world leader in artificial intelligence-powered knowledge discovery for pharma, biomedical and life science companies. Their AI approach combines machine learning and predictive visual analytics to dramatically improve understanding of textual content in the biomedical literature, key to the entire healthcare industry. Their product is on the market, is generating early revenue, and is addressing critical needs that no other application can. Their mission is to improve healthcare from drug discovery through patient care, with an impact to the pharmaceutical market measured in $100s of millions saved and to the patient, a better life through better healthcare.
They are currently seeking a Director, Business Development to join their team as they scale their business. This person can sit in either the San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, New York or New Jersey.
As the Director, Business Development, your daily duties will include:
- Identifying and developing sales leads and managing the sales process through contract closure.
- Preparing and conducting project-specific client presentations in collaboration with the functional departments related to the client’s core services and capabilities.
- Liaising between the client and Company on all business development activities and requirements; expand the Company’s visibility, name recognition, and professional credibility in the market and assist with the development of promotional material to promote the Company’s recognition in the industry.
- Establishing and maintaining contact with prospective clients in order to gain knowledge of developments within the direct and indirect industries, promote the Company’s services, and ultimately increase the amount of business won.
- Maintaining high levels of repeat business through nurturing relationships with existing clients and ensuring service delivery satisfaction.
- Preparing and presenting our client’s core services and capabilities to customers.
- Verifying and processing contractual documents, including work orders, develop payment schedules and changes in scope, as needed.
- Assisting Finance with the analysis of client contracts, billing and revenue recognition as needed.
Job Requirements for Director, Business Development:
- MBA Degree in a business, science, or related field.
- Fundamental knowledge of biology and the drug development process a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience selling services in the pharma or healthcare industries.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess leadership qualities and be open to managing/leading a team in the future.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with a team, and able to work remotely.
This position will initially pay a significant commission as well as some equity in the company, along with a small amount of cash for expenses, with the engagement being as a consultant for the interim period. When the current funding round raises sufficient capital, a commensurate compensation package will take effect. The faster the person in this role can help obtain more revenue, the faster a full compensation plan will begin.
If you are ready to join this exciting, cutting-edge company, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: business development, biology, pharma, healthcare, sales