LOCATION: PALO ALTO, CA
Our client is a venture backed, Series A startup developing a new method for physical access point authentication. Similar to FaceID on iPhone X, the technology unlocks spaces only when it identifies the person in front of it has access. To achieve this, they use facial detection and recognition, 3D sensing and artificial intelligence to enable highly secure and frictionless entry into physical locations.
About the position: As a founding member of their firmware team, you’ll be working directly with the CTO to design the firmware of our embedded GPU system. You'll be involved in the whole release process from prototyping through engineering validation stages to experiencing manufacturing at scale during mass production.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, your background should include:
- Strong competencies in Linux/Unix OS and internals
- Proficiency in C++
- Comfortability with shell and scripting
- Experience working within embedded and limited resource constraints
- Experience working with hardware and software projects (raspberry pi, arduino, etc)
- Experience programming with performance and security in mind
- Experience in GPU programming
- Previous experience with GPU systems is nice to have!
- CUDA and NVIDIA TX1/TX2 platforms is nice to have!
- Computer vision interest is nice to have!
- GPGPU optimization is nice to have!
What our client can offer you as Senior Firmware Engineer:
- An engineering culture that gives you space to work with autonomy and write excellent code.
- A remarkably talented and supportive team of peers to help you grow as an engineer.
- An office designed to allow you to create your best work.
- A team that takes diversity seriously — we believe that diverse perspectives make our team stronger.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive pay and equity
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation / PTO
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Offsite team events
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance
If you’re ready to hear more about this awesome opportunity, please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: GPU, firmware, C++, embedded software, shell scripting