LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
Our client’s goal is to build an across company, industry mentorship network and create unbiased promotion pipelines in order to increase employee retention and corporate diversity using their AI technology. They are seeking a Chief Technology Officer to help manage and grow its technology operations. The company is VC funded and entering the growth phase. The successful candidate will report to the Founder/CEO and will be responsible for owning all of the technology operations.
As the most important technology hire, you will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. Your work will be highly visible and critical to their success. As CTO, you will be able to (and are expected to!) make an immediate impact. You will have the chance to assemble your own team to define the future of the company while still be very much involved in the day-to-day tech development. You are expected to dive into the current systems, learn fast, adapt, and implement new requirements.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
As CTO/Co-Founder you must be a pragmatic team player, have a passion to be organized, and also have communication skills that bridge the technical and commercial domain. In addition to sharing the client’s lust for adventure and meaning, you must have:
- 4 to 7+ years’ of direct work experience building AI/ML/NLP systems.
- 4+ years’ experience building a SaaS platform.
- Computer Science degree, Master or Ph.D preferred; work in field of AI/ML/NLP a plus.
- Experience in discussing and presenting technology to a non-technologist in a manner that is professional, respectful, and easily understood.
- The ability to collaborate with the executive team to assess and recommend technologies in support of company needs.
- A willingness to work for equity only and/or deferred pay until sufficient funding has been secured.
WHY WORK WITH OUR CLIENT:
- You’ll have the chance to run technology for a service that customers already love!
- You’ll be part of the initial core team of a rising startup with fresh top tier VC backing.
- You’ll have the chance to assemble your own team from scratch to define the future of the company.
- You’ll take part in a project with a meaningful purpose.
- Last but not least, you’ll receive a considerable amount of equity!
CTO ROLE REVIEW:
- Source and hire client’s technology team from the ground up.
- Supervise web application and software development of current company systems.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Supervise software testing, and information systems security and maintenance.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you’re ready for a worthy challenge, do let us know! Local, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org