PALO ALTO, CA
Our client is a venture backed, Series A startup developing a new method for physical access point authentication. Similar to FaceID on iPhone X, the technology unlocks spaces only when it identifies the person in front of it has access. To achieve this, they use facial detection and recognition, 3D sensing and artificial intelligence to enable highly secure and frictionless entry into physical locations.
About the role: As the Vice President - Engineering, you’ll be working directly with the CTO to architect and manage all firmware related projects. You'll be involved in the entire process (start to finish) and be responsible for managing a team of engineers and helping take the company’s technology platform to the next level.
As the Vice President - Engineering, your background should include:
- Extensive embedded design background
- Experience managing teams within the past five years (of varying sizes)
- Strong knowledge in system architecture
- Ability to define team and individual KPIs
- Measuring software engineering productivity managing software code/quality
- Preferably, you will have experience working on internal and external business cases in relation with engineering investment
What our client can offer you:
- An engineering culture that gives you space to work with autonomy and write excellent code.
- A remarkably talented and supportive team of peers to help you grow as an engineer.
- An office designed to allow you to create your best work.
- A team that takes diversity seriously — we believe that diverse perspectives make our team stronger.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive pay and equity
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation / PTO
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Offsite team events
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance
If you’re ready to hear more about this awesome opportunity, please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS – firmware, vp, engineer, vice president, embedded, GPU, coding, software