LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Our client is an up and coming Buyer Intelligence Platform that generates actionable stories capturing why and how customers buy. They extract tribal knowledge from unstructured data automatically, minimizing sales rep dependency. Their mission is to align Enterprise Go-to-Market teams to the Buyer's Journey by democratizing the collective ‘tribal knowledge’ of teams. In today’s fast paced and competitive world, while transactional systems keep the score, fresh tribal knowledge on 'why' and 'how' your customers buy (and stay) is your competitive advantage.
Our client specializes in applying NLP techniques over unstructured data like emails, documents, and voice calls to extract customer intelligence signals. Think of them as the next Salesforce for unstructured data! People crunch numbers. Our client crunches content.
They are currently seeking a strong Lead Backend Platform Engineer to join their growing team in San Francisco, CA.
About You: You are an awesome Java, JEE developer who thinks lambdas are incredible, noSQL is the way the world turns, and thread dumps are your weekend hobby. You’re an enterprise integration Jedi, and a pro at deploying ML/NLP models. You’ve interacted with customers to understand requirements and plan deployment -- for you, our client is the hot startup you’ve always wanted. You’ll get to put your stamp on our client’s platform while using the coolest open source tech such as ELK, Java, Python, Spark, Google NLTK, Presto, Cassandra, Akka, and Alexa. You’ll build exciting IP along with equally awesome engineers and scientists.
As the Lead Backend Platform Engineer, your background should include:
- Bachelor's/Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or software programming related field of study
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering roles
- Proficiency in Java, Relational databases, SQL, REST, Tomcat, AWS stack, integration technologies, scripting (Perl/Python) along with full familiarity with Maven, Ant and repositories
- Experience integrating with Enterprise technologies like Salesforce CRM and Google Apps, knowledge of integration-as-a-service technologies is a plus (not required)
- Hands on experience working with big data tech like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Kinesis, Kafka, Yarn, Mesos is highly desirable
- Python, Machine Learning or NLP experience
- Experience managing a small-midsize team of developers and data scientists would be highly desirable (not required)
- You are a tinkerer, have a creative mind, and a keen ability and initiative to think “beyond” -- aka a “startup mindset”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position comes with an attractive cash, equity, and benefits package…in addition to a fun work environment!
If you’re interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please send your resume in today to email@example.com
KEYWORDS: NLP, Java, Python, REST, Tomcat, AWS, Maven, Ant, Perl, Machine Learning, ML