LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CA
Are you a rock star executive technologist looking to join an exciting start-up changing the medical imaging landscape? Do you want to get involved in a position where you can build/lead the technology efforts for a growing company? If so, this role might be for you.
Our client is building a doctor-patient health data exchange platform that will use digital/medical imaging to augment doctors with super-precision insights so that we can tailor care for each patient.
Our client will put the power of health big data into the hands of people and their doctors. This patent-protected revolutionary medical imaging technology will include an interface akin to a “Google map” of the human body to deliver a “street view” bio-map “that scales out from individual smallest regions on an image, called voxels to produce each patient’s comprehensive profile. They are seeking a Lead DevOps Cloud Engineer to be located in San Diego.
As the Lead Software Engineer, various tasks will include:
- Playing a key role in the development of large-scale, distributed applications with dynamic scaling and configuration, security and policy management, and superior robustness and fault tolerance capabilities.
- Designing and delivering highly scalable distributed applications that focus on the business requirements of customers and enable industry leadership in Cloud OS platforms.
- Interacting with customers and project management on developing solid domain and problem understanding and work with fellow application and core platform engineers to build solutions for those customer projects.
- Representing our client’s cloud technology at customer meetings, workshops, conferences, and in social media.
- Working a team of world-class engineers who work together very closely in a distributed setup in which team members are geographically spread out but collaborate with frequent communications, shared development sessions, distributed pair and group programming, and sharing information and interactions by phone, video, chat, e-mail, and other means of information exchange.
As a Lead Software Engineer, your background should include:
- 7+ years of experience with commercial software development in building distributed applications and systems or equivalent expertise
- Familiarity with different programming languages such as Python, Java, and functional programming languages, in particular with Clojure and ClojureScript
- Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, web applications, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing and verification technologies, data processing, and networking.
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with customers, peer developers, and project managers
- Strong technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
- Specific experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP) and modern software development environments as well as with DevOps practices
- Domain knowledge in any of image recognition systems, network provisioning, server and network virtualization is a plus
- Experience in technologies used in the cloud computing space, including Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, Rackspace, or related IaaS offerings, map/reduce algorithms, virtualized server compute units, scalable architectures, distributed databases, and big data analysis
- Experience with SOA based integration techniques using web services, XML/HTTPS, REST, or SOA
- Experience with provisioning systems and resource management in cloud systems (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks etc.) is a plus
- Proven experience with complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load and scale testing, deployment and maintenance
If you think you’re a match and are ready to join this exciting startup, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS – CTO, healthcare technology, AI, artificial intelligence, medical imaging, devops, cloud, AWS, SOA, clojurescript, agile, scrum, rest, xml