LOCATION: LAFAYETTE, CO
Our client is an agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve high-value crops. Their goal is to become the trusted leader in agricultural technology, hemp product and coffee through their state-of-the-art nurseries, breeding programs and contemporary seed testing and production.
They are currently seeking a seasoned, results-driven VP, Finance to join their team. This individual will also play a key role on the executive leadership team.
As the VP, Finance, your daily responsibilities will consist of:
• Leadership: Proactively lead internal Finance function to support profitability objectives, via:
- Developing fiscal strategy that is consistent with company beliefs and brand equity
- Proactively partnering with internal functions and external partners
- Translating financial information into strategic insights and implications, by analyzing key financial metrics to understand key strengths and opportunities, and to facilitate managing budgets and costs
- Developing and refining KPIs to help monitor financial performance
- Establishing internal processes to facilitate achievement of financial goals.
• Reporting: Lead monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing of financial statements and reporting
• Cost management: Manage, evaluate and optimize internal costs, including: Preparing and analyzing annual operating budget
• Cash flow management: Managing the company’s cash cycle including credit terms and collection activity, disbursement management
• Financing: Maintain financing relationships with private equity partners and debt providers.
• Maintain accounting information systems, and upgrade as appropriate
• Adhere to GAAP and state and local audits (income tax, regulatory compliance, sales & use)
• MISC: Will support fundraising opportunities, pitching to investors, partner with corporate legal team on fundraising initiatives, etc.
As the VP, Finance, your background/pedigree should include:
- 10+ years of financial leadership experience, which strong knowledge in all aspects of finance and debt equity
- Advanced degree, preferably in Business/Finance/Accounting - CPA, MBA highly preferred
- Fundraising experience of $10M+ raises
- Previous M&A experience
- Collaborative style with proven ability to coach
- Critical thinker who focuses on strategic issues, and can also roll up their sleeves and get it done
- Can effectively communicate with C-Suite level members on strategic finance issues.
- Positive and flexible, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a lean and flat organization
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume’ to email@example.com