Deep learning-powered video analytics
Our client is a venture-capital backed emerging leader in the video analytics space. The company has a mission to transform any real-world video into actionable and tailored intelligence so customers can build the safest and most productive organizations in the world.
Do you have experience with Physical Security systems and products?
Do you have experience with surveillance cameras, video management systems, video or audio analytics, badge access systems, and/or ground based radar radar systems, etc….?
THEN READ ON….
As cameras increasingly take center stage in how organizations protect their people and things and make their physical spaces enjoyable and productive, the volumes of data these cameras produce is overwhelming. Our client’s proprietary, machine learning-powered software works on any type of camera feed (CCTV, drone, dash cam, body cam, etc), can be deployed in the cloud or on-premises and helps customers “know what the cameras know” for security, worker safety, compliance, and operations.
They are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic, and passionate leader to grow their Technical Services team.
The important part:
- As a critical part of an emerging company, you should be ready to be on the frontline at the start and then transition to building out a team capable of supporting the installation of their solution and customer usage once installation is complete.
- You will be measured on installation speed and completeness, customer satisfaction, support ticket reply time, and support ticket resolution rate.
- You will be responsible for managing the team and partners that install their solution and reactively and proactively support it.
- You will ensure that their customers feel the love for our company and products.
What they need you to do as a Director of Technical Services:
- Own customer installations - ensure they have a team and partner network capable of installation, configuration, and training on the solution
- Own customer support - build, deploy, and operate a world-class customer support system able to scale nationally and globally
- Optimize processes – you will bring best-in-class expertise in originating, planning, and executing on Technical Services initiatives
- Build customer advocates – using your superior relationship management skills, you will develop strategic client partnerships and build a loyal client base
- Oversee customer issues and ensure effective short-term and long-term problem resolution
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Team management – you will own KPI reporting, coach and advise the team on meeting targets, and report team performance to senior management
- Work successfully with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Product) around customer installation and support initiatives
- Act as the voice of the customer by collecting popular feature requests and creating business reasons to prioritize requests on the product roadmap
What you’ll bring:
- A track record of Technical Services achievements, and an entrepreneurial spirit to build and lead a team in providing world class installation and support
- Bachelor’s Degree - technology or business degrees preferred
- Relevant experience in video analytics and/or IP video applications required, physical security experience preferred
- Relevant experience leading a team and building a partner network that installs off-the-shelf hardware and Linux-based software
- Strong business acumen with a proven record of providing top-class customer service
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with wide range of personalities
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software
- A history of going above and beyond as a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Keen desire to become knowledgeable about machine learning and its applications in video for the enterprise and cities
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows OS, Python and shell scripting, and IP camera set-up and configuration (including details like resolution, focal length, etc that are important to video analytics applications)
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences with savvy presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly translating complex technology concepts
- Very detail-oriented with great follow-up and project management skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Work closely with product management and engineering to efficiently translate customer feedback into the solution
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible healthcare plan
- Generous PTO
- Close to CalTrain (San Jose Diridon)
Our client’s culture is meritocratic and values hard work, ambition, curiosity, and risk-taking. The company is building a next generation analytics product that is garnering positive enterprise traction. They are committed to their work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. To learn more, please include your resume and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
San Jose office required
Required travel: 15-20% (Required)