LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Our client is a dental healthcare company based in San Francisco, and operated by a team of licensed dental professionals with over 50 combined years of experience in the industry. Their goal is to create a platform of transparency around a painful epidemic that destroys millions of smiles each day: Bruxism – which is the involuntary clenching of the jaw and grinding of the teeth, which mainly occurs while we sleep. Over-The-Counter night guard brands are poor in quality, with dentists offering a custom alternative that requires multiple office visits and high cost of $500-$900. But with our client’s direct-to-consumer approach, you can skip the office visits and have the same dentist-quality custom night guards for 70% less!
They’ve been in R&D mode since 2017, and just started selling the product in Spring of 2018. They're currently seeking an experienced, product-oriented Marketing Director who can drive company growth. The candidate will be responsible for articulating the client’s story, developing marketing strategy across content, brand, and demand, as well as execute on this strategy to produce a high rate of brand/product awareness and sales.
As the Marketing Director, your daily duties will include:
- Owning and leading brand awareness, demand and lead generation, field marketing, digital marketing, and creative.
- Designing, building, and leading all multi-channel marketing strategy efforts, leveraging key channels such as digital advertising, web marketing, video, webinars, direct mail, events, field activities and more.
- Scaling all marketing efforts and take primary responsibility for exceeding the company’s pipeline opportunity goals each quarter.
- Establishing KPIs for all programs and tracking performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes.
- Guiding the company brand identity and messaging as they scale.
- Developing a deep understanding of dental health care so that you can represent the company as a thought leader at conferences, workshops, and investment meetings.
- Identifying paid acquisition channels that yield the best ROI.
- running concurrent experiments to test and optimize demand generation.
- Conceptualizing and working with design to produce creative assets.
- Managing ad platforms including media buys.
- Reporting directly to the CEO and contributing to overall commercial strategy.
- Presenting at conferences and participating in panels.
As the Marketing Director, your background should include:
- Minimum 10+ years in a marketing role with the past five years in a high-level startup position.
- Advanced growth hacking experience.
- Deep experience with CRM and marketing automation tooling.
- Strong proficiency with SQL.
- BA/BS required (MBA or equivalent experience in enterprise marketing preferred)
- The knowledge and experience working with a very lean budget, in addition to knowing guerilla marketing tactics and resources.
COMPENSATION NOTE: Please be aware that this position will require someone to work for equity only for a few months while the client is obtaining funding. Once that happens, you will start getting a salary in addition to equity.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org