LOCATION: FREMONT, CA
Our client is an up and coming spices company that prides themselves in only sourcing the best organic spices from around the world. They received their Organic Certification in 2007 and have increased their line to include Kosher, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Certified Fair-Trade products. Additionally, their spice container is 100% recyclable!
They are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist (with Food QA experience) to join their growing team in their Fremont, CA office. They are offering a competitive base salary and awesome benefits/perks.
As the Quality Assurance Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of food safety programs and policies at the facility.
- Ensuring requirements set forth in the QA & Control Programs support the safe manufacture of food are met; programs may include but are not limited to: Environmental Monitoring, Sanitation Program, Shipping and Receiving, Allergen, Hold & Release, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs), Food Defense, Raw Material Sampling, and Pre-ship Sampling.
- Interacting effectively with FDA and other regulatory staff, food safety auditors, and customers to ensure timely implementation of any necessary corrective actions.
- Preparing for any mandatory or customer driven audits.
- Validating product by proper testing, operation, & calibration of various laboratory instruments, physical testing of product, & documentation.
- Recommending improvements after evaluating current testing protocols, production standards, and product quality.
- Conducting product analysis on retention samples and maintain records of result data.
- Evaluating product quality to prevent large-scale issues and report results to appropriate person including unusual product observations and analytical results.
- Maintaining detailed, timely, and accurate records of all incoming materials and daily test results.
- Assisting in inspecting the quality of incoming shipments to make sure they meet specifications.
- Overseeing sampling procedures for incoming shipments, repacking items, lab samples, and retention samples.
- Leading audits of packaging and product lines to ensure final product being produced meets established quality standards and fill out paperwork.
- Evaluating and validate incoming materials’ Certificate of Analysis (COA) against the current company specifications.
As the Quality Assurance Specialist, your background should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, Nutrition, or other related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food manufacturing environment, working in QA and/or QC area (water or beverage industry experience will not work for this specific role unfortunately)
- Bilingual in English-Spanish (both written and verbal) preferredProficient knowledge in and use of current computer software in a predominantly Mac environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Netsuite ERP
- Ability to multitask and work in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as metal detector machines, laboratory type machines, pallet jack, etc.
- Current HACCP certificate or ability to become HACCP certified
- Food Defense certified
- Knowledge of GMPs, 5S, GLP, and Quality and Food Safety Systems
- Ability to lift 55+ pounds
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, and sitting
- Exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, and cleaning chemicals
If you’d like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com
KEYWORDS – food, quality assurance, QA. GMP, GLP, 5S, HACCP, COA, food defense