LOCATION: SUNNYVALE, CA
Since 1989, our client has been a US-based manufacturer of embedded computer boards with global manufacturing and sales.
They are now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission to promote and sell its new line of SBC and Ethernet switch solutions.
The Technical Sales and Support Engineer plays a key role in the development and support of new business opportunities plus support of existing customers. This role provides exposure to a wide variety of business functions and is an excellent stepping stone to many different career paths.
What the role involves:
- Act as the technical authority to help customers select and use our client’s products and services, including both standard products and custom solutions.
- Coordinate technical support and customer repair returns with other company staff to ensure timely response and completion of customer support and repair needs.
- You will be a primary interface between the company and their customers on a variety of levels. Therefore, excellent customer service attitude is a basic requirement.
- You will work with a wide variety of embedded electronics, including Intel and NVidia CPU boards, analog I/O (A/D and D/A) boards, digital I/O boards, serial port boards, Ethernet switches, power supplies, and wireless / GPS and other mobile technologies.
- You will also support I/O programming libraries and operating systems including Linux, Windows, and QNX. Therefore, excellent technical background in these technologies is also a basic requirement.
- You may also create technical application notes describing their technology and explaining how to use it in real world applications such as vehicle tracking, intelligent traffic systems, military vehicles, industrial controls, and scientific instrumentation.
What you need to have:
- Minimum BSEE or equivalent
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with various embedded board–level products, or equivalent applications engineering experience.
- Working knowledge and design experience with embedded systems, Ethernet switches, microcontrollers, and analog circuits.
- Diverse experience and familiarity with major semiconductor suppliers' products and technologies.
- Basic understanding of the embedded computing market and the open architectures which serve it.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Direct experience as an application engineer or technical salesperson in the embedded computer market
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to converse with sales and marketing managers about basic business issues.
- Time management skills: ability to manage multiple projects and activities at one time.
- 5+ years design or applications engineering experience
What they offer: 3 weeks’ vacation plus the regular holidays, Kaiser medical and dental, 401K
If you meet these qualifications please send a cover letter and resume to: